JUMP Society Submission Guidelines
Films should be 10 minutes or less. Please contact us if you have a longer film that youâ€™d like us to screen in the festival or if you’d like us to help arrange an independent screening.
- We prefer an HD quality digital file in almost any format except Apple Intermediate Codec. Give us the highest quality you can and do not downscale (resize) your video if possible.
- You can put your video file on a CD, DVD, hard drive, USB drive, or we can download it if it isn’t over 1 GB. Or you can bring your laptop to our office with the file ready and we can copy it here.
- We still accept Mini-DV tapes.
- We can also accept DVD videos (as in a typical movie DVD) but they are not preferred. Files on a DVD are fine.
We keep all tapes, DVDs, etc. that are given to us, and try to return them when requested, but we can’t guarantee that we will be able to find it. Donâ€™t give us your only copy!
Sorry Steven Spielberg, we only accept films from Juneau artists or films with a strong Juneau connection. If we have to cut a film it will probably be the one with the least visible connection to Juneau.
Secret Tips to Get Your Film in the Show:
- Shorter films are more likely to be accepted. We try to be fair and show a little of everything when we can but itâ€™s just harder to find space for longer films.
- Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your movie when you turn it in. If we can associate a film with the hopeful face of an aspiring filmmaker itâ€™s a lot harder to reject.
- Films donâ€™t have to be high quality if they have a good story but it helps when you can hear the dialog and see whatâ€™s happening on screen. If you have technical questions post them on the message board or contact us and we might be able to help.
- Credits are boring, keep them short.
Now that you’ve read all the rules you can have the submission form! Please print it out, fill it in and drop it off along with your film. It helps us spell your name and movie title correctly (sorry about that, Greg). Thanks! We look forward to seeing your work!